Match Info – Crystal Palace vs Liverpool Preview Prediction
|Start Date||31st March 2018 – 12:30 GMT|
Crystal Palace vs Liverpool Preview:
Crystal Palace have slipped under the radar somewhat in the battle to avoid relegation, perhaps due to the large number of teams in danger, but the Eagles are certainly at risk. They currently sit 16th, two points above the drop zone and with a middle of the pack goal difference. The simple fact that there are so many teams that could go down this season is certainly something that could help Roy Hodgson’s men, but their recent form certainly isn’t.
The London side have only won just one of their last eight games in the Premier League, conceding 15 goals and scoring just seven times across that stretch of games. It is the inability to keep clean sheets that has really held Palace back, preventing them from turning draws into narrow wins and narrow defeats into draws. Interestingly the Eagles managed a 0-2 win away at Huddersfield last time out, but whether that will spark a streak of good form remains to be seen.
Liverpool have had a barnstorming season, climbing to third in the Premier League table ahead of this clash. The Reds have scored a crazy 73 goals in their 31 top-flight games and are vastly improved defensively since Virgil van Dijk joined from Southampton in January. In fact Jurgen Klopp’s men have lost just two of their last 22 games in the league, and have conceded just five times in their last nine games across all competitions. Their good form has been a catalyst for the push for a top four finish and the Champions League spot that comes with that.
The man behind so much of Liverpool’s success this season has been Mohamed Salah, who has registered an impressive 28 goals and nine assists, leading the way in the Premier League goal scoring charts and Player of the Season odds. The one concern for the Reds this weekend will be having one eye on their upcoming Champions League fixture, which could distract from the game against Palace. The Eagles likely won’t have enough to beat Klopp’s men if they turn up with anything resembling their season long form.
D L L L L W | D W W W L W
Crystal Palace vs Liverpool Head To Head Stats:
|EPL||19-08-2017||FT||Liverpool||1 : 0||Crystal Palace|
|Premier League Asia Trophy||19-07-2017||FT||Liverpool||2 : 0||Crystal Palace|
|EPL||23-04-2017||FT||Liverpool||1 : 2||Crystal Palace|
|EPL||29-10-2016||FT||Crystal Palace||2 : 4||Liverpool|
|EPL||06-03-2016||FT||Crystal Palace||1 : 2||Liverpool|
|EPL||08-11-2015||FT||Liverpool||1 : 2||Crystal Palace|
Crystal Palace vs Liverpool Team News
- Wilfried Zaha returned home early from international duty with the Ivory Coast amid injury fears but is expected to start on Saturday.
- Jeffrey Schlupp was forced off after 20 minutes against Huddersfield before the international break and is a doubt for the Eagles.
- Julian Speroni, Bakary Sako, Jason Puncheon and Scott Dann are long-term absentees.
- Emre Can failed to recover from a back injury picked up in Liverpool’s last match to feature during the international break and remains a doubt here.
- Few changes are expected from the side that thrashed Watford 5-0 before the international break.
- Nathaniel Clyne trained with the first-team through the international break and is closing in on a first-team return for Jurgen Klopp’s side.
Crystal Palace Expected Lineups:
Liverpool Expected Lineups:
- Crystal Palace ended a run of for straight defeats with a win away to relegation rivals Huddersfield before the international break. The Eagles are now two points clear of the bottom three.
- Liverpool thumped Watford 5-0 before the international break to bolster their chances of a top four finish. They are seven points clear of fifth but have played one game more than all of their top six rivals.
Match Prediction: Crystal Palace 1 – 3 Liverpool
You can watch highlights and full match here after the game is finished