MATCH INFO – Morocco vs Iran Prediction & Preview
|Competition||World Cup 2018 – Group B|
|Start Date||15 June 2018 – 16:00 GMT|
|Referee||Cuneyt Cakir, Turkey|
Morocco vs Iran Match Preview
Morocco’s form over the year have been amazing, as they are currently unbeaten in 15 games across all competitions. They have recently won the African Nations Championship following a comfortable 4-0 victory against Nigeria in the final. During their recent run of form, the Moroccans have won eleven games across all competitions.
Iran, on the flip side, have also enjoyed a great run of form over the past year and a half, having lost just two of their last 15 games across all competitions. Iran finished at the top of their World Cup qualifying campaign and they also looked great in their recent friendlies. Iran have lost just one of their last seven friendly games and still have three more friendlies to play before going in Russia.
Morocco vs Iran Team News:
- That could mean a start for Schalke youngster Amine Harit, lining up on the opposite flank to Hakim Ziyech with Younes Belhanda given the free role in midfield.
- The main dilemma may be up front, where Ayoub El Kaabi is the man in form, while Khalid Boutaib’s goals helped Morocco qualify for their first World Cup in 20 years.
- Carlos Queiroz has had to prepare for his first game without young midfielder Saeid Ezatolahi, who is suspended, meaning veteran captain Masoud Shojaei should start in the middle of the park.
- The star men are Alireza Jahanbakhsh, who was the top scorer in the Eredivisie for AZ last season, and striker Sardar Azmoun, who boasts an exceptional international record.
Morocco vs Iran Predicted Lineups:
Morocco vs Iran Head to Head (H2H):
There has been one previous game that Iran and Morocco have played before and that was an international friendly back in 2002. The game ended in a 1-1 draw.
Morocco vs Iran Predictions:
- This could end up being a tight scrap between Morocco and Iran and both will see the importance of grabbing three points and therefore it should not peter out to a dull draw. Of the two, Morocco are just carrying the stronger form and look more likely to edge this.