MATCH INFO – Real Madrid vs Liverpool Prediction & Preview
|Competition||Champions League – Final|
|Start Date||26 May 2018 – 19:45 GMT|
|Venue||NSC Olimpiyskiy, Kiev, Ukraine|
|Referee||Milorad Mazic, Serbia|
Real Madrid vs Liverpool Preview:
D W L D D | W L L D W
GOAL-SCORING MACHINE RONALDO vs THE EGYPTIAN KING SALAH:
When it comes to the champions league competitions Cristiano Ronaldo is the beast. He is the leading scorer in the champions league with the staggering numbers of 135 goals as no one ever done that feat. There is a little concern over his injury. Real Madrid manager Zidane is pretty much confident that Ronaldo will start the champions league finale. If Ronaldo is fully fit and hit the ground running it is almost an impossible task to enclose the beast for 90 odd minutes. Similar to Liverpool defence the Madrid defence is quite shaky as it is hard to contain the Liverpool front three. One thing is for sure it will be a high scoring game and entertainment will be guaranteed.
The Key to the Liverpool Glory depends on Mo salah’s magic as The Mighty Egyptian is just behind the goal scoring stats of Ronaldo. Salah already won the Golden Boot as he broke the all-time record for the most goals in 38- the game premier league. He has now broken the record which was previously set by Liverpool’s Luis Suarez (2013-14), Manchester United’s Cristiano Ronaldo (2007-08) and Blackburn Rovers’ Alan Shearer (1995-96).
The World sets their sights on Salah and Ronaldo as Real Madrid face Liverpool in the champions league final 2017/18.
Can’t wait for the kick-off when Liverpool won the last meeting against Real Madrid with (1-0) in 1981 champions league final.
Real Madrid vs Liverpool Stats:
- 13 time winners Real Madrid are the reigning champions and chasing a third title in a row – a feat that has never been achieved in the Champions League era.
- The teams last crossed paths in the 2014/15 group stage, Madrid winning both games with Karim Benzema scoring twice and Ronaldo once in the first, a 3-0 away win.
- Madrid’s triumph in Cardiff in 2017 was the tenth UEFA Champions League win for a Spanish side – twice as many as the next highest-ranked nation, Italy.
- Liverpool could add a sixth Champions League title to their trophy cabinet if they beat Madrid and Jurgen Klopp’s attacking side have been a force in the competition this season, scoring the most goals.
- Liverpool are the fastest team in Champions League history to score 40 goals in a single campaign. Just the 12 games needed.
- The sides have met on five previous occasions, all in the European Cup, with Liverpool winning three of those fixtures and Madrid two. The English club have scored six goals; Madrid have managed four.
Real Madrid vs Liverpool Head To Head Stats:
1 – 0
0 – 3
4 – 0
0 – 1
- Real Madrid are expecting to take a fully fit squad to Kiev with them after both Dani Carvajal and Cristiano Ronaldo returned from injury against Villarreal.
- Liverpool will also take a fully fit squad to Ukraine, with Emre Can and James Milner both returning to training well in advance of the final on Saturday.
Real Madrid Expected Lineups:
Real Madrid Predicted Lineup: Navas, Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Kroos, Modric, Vazquez, Isco, Ronaldo, Benzema
Liverpool Expected Lineups:
Liverpool Predicted Lineup: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, van Dijk, Robertson, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Mane, Salah, Firmino
- Real Madrid have been far from convincing in a number of Champions League matches this season and our Trueform ratings suggest Liverpool are a value pick to come out on top in the final.The Reds eventually only shaded Roma 7-6 on aggregate in the semis, but their 5-2 first-leg triumph was the stand-out performance on our chart.
Jurgen Klopp’s side can be fragile at the back, but they are fearless going forward and have the pace up front to upset Real.
Match Prediction: Real Madrid 2 – 3 Liverpool
You can watch highlights and full match here after the game is finished